Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 seville sts
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.. nice meet you
i am a korean(south)
sorry for my poor english

i have some questions..
help me.. please!

i will replace wheels and tires
wheel(rim) : 16" --> 20"
and
tire : 235/60r16 --> 245/40r20

possible?
will happen some troubles?

do i need anything else?

have a nice day..

·
Registered
1997 ETC
5,115 Posts
Why on earth would you put 20in rims on a Cadillac Seville? What is this world coming to, stick to stock, it's Caddy man, treat it like it is, luxury, not some hip hop mtv gangsta car

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
pplpp99, You could install 20" wheels IF you maintain the original tire outside diameter in order to keep speedometer and engine calibrations very close to original settings.

BUT 20" and larger wheels will change the ride and handling characteristics of the entire car. You would be advised to go to 18" wheels, preferably a Cadillac original wheel, and you need a bolt pattern of 115 X 5. The wheels index on the center bore, not on the bolt circle.

For tire specifications look at the sticker on the driver's door for the original tire size. Then go to www.tirerack.com and look up the specifications of those original tires. Now, any tire you may want to mount on the new wheels may be compared with your original tires for outside diameter, load handling, and width.

·
Registered
1998 Crimson Pearl STS 'W'
266 Posts
Not worth the hassle,i bought a nice set of Cadillac 20's from a Cts and all it did was give me codes and a constant fear of smashing a rim into a pot hole...My car responds so much better with the stock 16's and tyres are a lot cheaper and more widely available....Keep it Exclusive,ricers are 10 a penny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts