Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I have a few technical difficulties with my car. I just got the leaking fixed and sealed for the transmission, and noticed it takes longer to start and miss fires every now and again. Also the RPM gauge has completely stopped working, and the power windows and locks also dead. [note] everything electrical was working just fine when i took it in. when i picked it up, the mechanic said those problems were like that when he received it. {BIG LIE} --right now, all i can think of is disconnect the battery hoping it will reset the computer possibly and it will all magically fix itself. lol.idk. :hmm: HELP PLEASE!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,250 Posts
OK. I have a few technical difficulties with my car. I just got the leaking fixed and sealed for the transmission, and noticed it takes longer to start and miss fires every now and again. Also the RPM gauge has completely stopped working, and the power windows and locks also dead. [note] everything electrical was working just fine when i took it in. when i picked it up, the mechanic said those problems were like that when he received it. {BIG LIE} --right now, all i can think of is disconnect the battery hoping it will reset the computer possibly and it will all magically fix itself. lol.idk. :hmm: HELP PLEASE!
============================
start with checking the fuses under the back seat -
and the fuses under the hood -

next check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Odd instrument panel issues after disconnecting/reconnecting a battery aren't too uncommon, the window/lock thing isn't normal though.

Try disconnecting BOTH battery cables, touching them together, and reconnecting. See what happens. For the windows/locks, I'd check the fuses.

·
Registered
1999 SLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I never knew I could do that on the dash. Usually one needs a diagnostic reader. But I figured it all out and wrote it down. The CURRENT codes read as:

DDM (Door Driver Module)

B2767- Memory Set Switch Failed Low
B2772- Driver Memory Exit Switch Circuit Low
B3142- LF Unlock Switch Circuit Low
B3152- LF Lock Switch Circuit Low
B3832- ?
U1714- ?

[note] I did not see the last two codes in the definition list. And I did a double check to see if they were correct.

RSS (Road Sensing Suspension)

C1738- Exhaust Solenoid Valve Short to GND
C1760- LF Position Sensor Input Fault

PCM (Powertrain Control Module)

P0102- Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
P1350- Ignition Control System
P1375- IC 24X Reference Circuit High Voltage

----------

Also, I checked the fuses and only found one small 15A fuse broke. It did not seem to do much help. I believe it was a light under the hood. Other than that, they all seem to be in check and nothing fried. Unless the relays might be. Not sure how to tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts