Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out this problem? Have a 99 seville sts, having all kinds of trouble codes coming up. Replaced battery, checked voltage from alternator, says air bag needs service, security system needs service, battery not charging, traction control, also windows and ac quit working when this happens. when system is at idle everything is fine get to about 2000 rpm and it starts happening. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
What did your alternator read? Are you checking across the battery when it's running? Are your battery connections tight?
Sounds like an alternator or regulator problem to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Couldn't resist commenting. Not to say that we have the same problem ... but I am trying to determine what puts my 99 sts into a low battery condition which then causes zillions of codes and crazy dash behavior. Just sharing since we both get tons of codes and wacky dash.

Not sure if there is anything to this but when I get the crazy dash, if I charge the battery, disconnect the positive and negative straps and "loop" them by touching the positive to negative cables (DO NOT INCLUDE BATTERY IN THE LOOP), then reconnect the system, the computer gets happy again, I can reset codes and all seems well until the mystery sets in again and I have a low battery which crazies the codes and the dash.

I have been religiously disconnecting my battery whenever I park to keep things ok.

If you're interested in the history of my journey, you can peruse chapter one here ...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/electrical-technical-information/14592-99-sts-dashboard-problems-please-help.html

and more recent developments here ...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/110670-battery-leaking-while-parked-5.html

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,118 Posts
Perhaps a bad ground? Create a redundant ground and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts