Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first race was with the SRT-4. Keep in mind during this story that the guy just got the SRT-4 two weeks ago used, and he just learned how to drive stick when he got the car. So we line up at a red light, we both have 4 people in our cars. The light turns green, we both go. The SRT-4 gets a slight jump, but by the time he shifts to second, I'm past him. I keep pullin until we hit 100 when I shut it down. Those SRT-4s are quick, the guy just needs to learn how to drive it.
Next race with the Scion is from a 60 roll. He has jus himself in his car, I have 4 people. I whuped him. I had a 5 car lead by the time I hit 100 and shut her down. I also raced that car with my mom's 97 E320from a roll, and it was close, with me getting a 1 car lead.
Last race was with my friends 2001 VW Golf 2.0. It was from a 70 roll. We both have two people in the car. We both punch it, and I jus walk away, maybe more of a run. I shut it down at 125, I can't even see him in my rear view. He does the ricer fly by, and I just laugh and keep crusing. Nothin like that Caddy power.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Sounds like fun dude :thumbsup:

The SRT/4 is a fast little goober, but like any other high performance car, to make the most out of what they have, you must know how to drive them, so your beating him is very believable.

The other two cars should have beat the Hell out of you! Why are you coming here speading this spam? :D :p

Just kidding man, good kills!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
vw golf 2.0's are an EXTREMELY slow car. A kid i know has one, i think its like a 2000 model. We were driving around once on the freeway, and i think it literally took us 4 miles to get to 110mph from about 30mph. I'm pretty sure a 307 powered Brougham could give that car a good run for it's money. But anyways, GOOD KILL!

Yeah those Scion T/C's are pretty quick. about a 15.7-16.0 1/4 mile i think. Good kill again.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
chris203 said:
Lol, thanks dude. Those lil 4 bangers got nothin on our V8s. :cool2:
lol..........right. Just because you beat a SRT-4 driven by someone who doesn't know how to drive it properly and you just beat him out doesn't mean you will be beating all SRT-4's. The 1/4 times for SRT-4's in stock trim range from 13.8's-14.5's. All it takes for those things to get into the 12's is 300 hp so its not like itd a huge task. Hell today I got my car inspected at my buddies shop and they specialize in SRT-4's and a guy who is the founder of SRT-4mation had his car in the shop getting his new titanium exhaust put in after just getting his 50 trim put on and tuned and he's dyno'ing at 362 hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
I have to say for a 4 cylinder mopar, those SRT-4's are really something else!
Awesome lil cars. E.T. on a '71 Hemi 'Cuda is about 13.3-13.7, damn 4 cylinder turbo neon can almost keep up with that!:ill: :crying: :confused: :wtf: :shocked2:

thats about enough smiley face expressions

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The SRT-4s "skittles" are indeed pretty quick. However the heavier car is going to be much more forgiving of the extra weight from the 4 people in each car: 4 people in a skittle is a significantly higher percentage of the weight than 4 people in an ETC.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
true! Exactly!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackout said:
lol..........right. Just because you beat a SRT-4 driven by someone who doesn't know how to drive it properly and you just beat him out doesn't mean you will be beating all SRT-4's. The 1/4 times for SRT-4's in stock trim range from 13.8's-14.5's. All it takes for those things to get into the 12's is 300 hp so its not like itd a huge task. Hell today I got my car inspected at my buddies shop and they specialize in SRT-4's and a guy who is the founder of SRT-4mation had his car in the shop getting his new titanium exhaust put in after just getting his 50 trim put on and tuned and he's dyno'ing at 362 hp to the wheels.
Yea, I know that SRT could take me easily if it had a good driver in it. I was joking when I said that, I forget sometimes you can't tell sarcasm when typing. I could see the car pullin forward between shifts but then he would fall back when he shifted again. Thats the only reason I won was because of his lack of driving. Those SRT-4s make amazing power with minimal mods, I wouldn't mind gettin one myself if I had the money. They are definitely sick cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
chris203