Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 Eldorado ETC gets very loose when I hit a bump. I feel like I might lose control - I nver do - but it just feels loose. Could it be my rear struts? If so, where can I find some reasonably priced parts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RickTheRuler727 said:
Do you still have the stock size tires on? I have the same problem , but it's due to the wider tires.
Thanks for your quick reply! I still have the stock size tires. Can you think of anything else that might cause my problem? And just curious - why do your wider tires make the rear loose?

·
Registered
60 Posts
muppie said:
Thanks for your quick reply! I still have the stock size tires. Can you think of anything else that might cause my problem? And just curious - why do your wider tires make the rear loose?

The wider tire makes it feel more jumpy or darty than actually loose. I dont know why this happens. It could be because I didn't do any other suspension work to accomodate the wider tire, but they look good and thats all that matters rite? Just kiddin, but the rims are coming off for winter and the ride will be back to normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts