Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 99 eldorado with 160000 miles when I turn the heat on no matter what setting (floor/vent/window defrost ) it's blows warm on the drivers side and ice cold a/c on the other .. all I could find online was blend door actuator does this sound right and is it adjustable

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,534 Posts
I have and 99 eldorado with 160000 miles when I turn the heat on no matter what setting (floor/vent/window defrost ) it's blows warm on the drivers side and ice cold a/c on the other .. all I could find online was blend door actuator does this sound right and is it adjustable
============================
all I could find online was blend door actuator
does this sound right

YES -

is it adjustable
NO -

----------------------

check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes -

if you don't know how - go here and read the ENTIRE post -

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/138257-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

if you have any codes - post them here -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
Now I'm confused. Are you in the heat mode or A/C mode?
If you are in the heat mode, it may be a clogged heater core from over use of the sealant tabs (assuming no actuator codes). Flush the heater core.
If you are in a warm climate and in the A/C mode, you are probably low on refrigerant.

·
Registered
99 eldorado
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I'm confused. Are you in the heat mode or A/C mode?
If you are in the heat mode, it may be a clogged heater core from over use of the sealant tabs (assuming no actuator codes). Flush the heater core.
If you are in a warm climate and in the A/C mode, you are probably low on refrigerant.

I'm in heat mode mode it 55 -60 degrees out side it feels like a/c blowing NOT outside temperature

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,996 Posts
If it feels like the A/C is on, the first thing to check is do you have the A/C switch off (if you have one) or are you in the ECON mode. Verify that the compressor is not running and of coarse, pull the DTC's as Bass advised.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts