Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado ETC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things...I knew I shouldn't have but I can't bear the radio...so I spent over an hour on burning songs onto 4 CD-R's and installed them into the magazine located in the trunk(12 disc CD changer). The first one played, as did the 2nd etc...but when I got to the 4th it wasn't happy...now none of them play AND I can't get them out now!! Not too huge of a problem...the single disc player works in the dash. Is this an expensive(probably) problem to have someone get them out?...let alone, fix. Issue #2: The overhead sunglass holder won't close. Is this part easy to find and an easy fix?(probably not). Thanks.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
What ever you do don't force the disks out (like pull hard on the magazine). Probably your disks are jammed, just about every CD changer I have seen for sale had that issue.
There is a reset button on the top left (left = front of the car) corner of the CD changer, just open the CD changer door and look for a small hole. Use a paper clip to reset. If no joy again DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT apply any force, leave the frustrations for something else. You will have to remove it form the car, open the case (there are about 10-12 screws) and manually (and gently) clear the jam.
For the overhead sunglass console I believe there is a small latch...don't know never had issue with mine (I fixed one in a Grand Prix but is not the same). Just inspect and try to understand how the mechanism works and what is wrong.

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado ETC
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for the help with the CD changer. I will try...I promise to be gentle! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts