Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1999 Deville base
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the windshield replaced and the car tagged, after sitting almost a year, but it has a p0118 coolant temperature sensor circuit high voltage. Engine light on constantly. Wont stay cleared. Temp on dash saz 194 after warmups and never varies. Scan tool Freezeframe saz 40° cold, and 35° after warmup. If I jump the sensor connector, I get 304°. (All F°) Its a new sensor. ?? Any ideas, anyone? Like, maybe, someone that's had this very same problem, and will tell me how easy it is to fix! Thanks all!

·
1999 Deville base
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking same thing. I got it at Oreillys, I'm sure. Anyway, we got a new NAPA store in town. Gonna try one from there, tomo. Thanks, Ranger. I'm anxious to get the Old Glory fixed, and see how my gas mileage is, since the head gasket repair. I didn't get to drive it much after the fix, because I broke the windshield during the repair! Found an 05 CTS, and started driving it until its tags ran out, then I got em both tagged. Gave my 95 Eldo to my girlfriends boy. I stopped driving it, after I got the CTS. I really like it.

·
1999 Deville base
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's what it was! I put in a sensor made by Standard Ignition Products. Car runs great, now. Same temp(and correct) showing on scan tool, and dash now. Checked sensors out with Ohm meter. Bad one was 2,500 and new one was 2,100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts