Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2007 DTS
2007 DTS, 1991 Eldorado(retired), 1999 Deville (retired)
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 Deville shudders when I take off. It doesn't do it if I feather the gas but if I give it a litle more pedal it shudders. It only does it for a few seconds and then it clears up. FSM says it is probably the inner tri-pot joints. I haven't got under it to look yet but was wondering if it is a tough job. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
03 STS, 97 STS, 58 Eldo
275 Posts
sounds more like a misfire, throttle it in park and see if you get the same shudder, or power brake it....I dont think that your cv axles have anything to do with it since you will feel it at higher speeds....

·
2007 DTS
2007 DTS, 1991 Eldorado(retired), 1999 Deville (retired)
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's fixed!! My brother suggested I adjust the top engine struts and that might help. It didn't. I finally replaced the front engine mount and the noise and vibration are gone. When I tried adjusting the struts it stressed the exhaust and the pipe broke just behind the converter. It was a rusty joint to begin with and I am sure it was about to go sooner or later. I tried removing the mount from the bottom but I couldn't get it out. I then removed the right cooling fan and loosened the left one and I got it out from the top. As for the pipe I used an adapter to connect the two pieces back together. Hopefully I won't have to do this for another 140,000 miles. Now I have a constant noise from what I think is the drivers side front wheel. It changes pitch as the speed increases. I am starting a new thread with that problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts