Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are tons of suspension threads here but I can't find the answer to my problem.

I had the rear suspension looked at because I thought it was sagging but the garage said that the compressor was working fine (I can hear it run when I start the car) and the suspension was doing what it is supposed to. I still think it looks low but my bigger concern is the handling - the car feels very loose on the hiway, kind of a weird, oscillating sensation as if all of the tires were low on air. Also, while driving next to it I could see that the right front tire was doing alot of bouncing up and down but the right rear and the left side tires were not. I'm not getting any kind of codes.

Any help/suggestions/ideas would be appreciated!

T

·
0 Posts
sounds like you need shocks since your right front wheel was bouncing up and down. replace in pairs. good luck. TexasCadillac .

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts
Yea the bouncing is probably the shocks. As for the rear, if the garage says it's fine, then leave em. How many miles you have?

·
Registered
98 DeElegance DeVille
13 Posts
My 98 DeVille is at 98,000 miles. Noticed that brakes were acting up and felt as if rotors were BADLY warped. Arranged to have them turned and they reported that the back "knukcles" in the rear suspension were badly worn and wobbly. Wife had noticed this in following me to the repair shop too ... but I felt she had seen optical illusion. Okayed replacement of both knuckles. This really helped solved the problem and this car drives like a new one again. Be prepared to spend some money, however! Gene Hamilton, Indianapolis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts