Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mac and Betty silver and pearl 99 devilles
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 deville rear window trim pops up on both sides. I removed and noticed that the plastic was worped is this normal and does any one have a idea how to fix or do i need new ones?

·
Registered
Mac and Betty silver and pearl 99 devilles
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any idea which blend door actuator acmb1341 is top or bottom i replaced both and now i get a current code

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville
18 Posts
99 deville rear window trim pops up on both sides. I removed and noticed that the plastic was worped is this normal and does any one have a idea how to fix or do i need new ones?
Almost All plastics can be rewarped, the hard part is to get the plastic in the position you want it. You almost have to clamp it or fasten it somehow and then very carefully heat it with a heat gun. Some things are so bent out of shape you might have to do it in small steps. You have to be careful to not heat it too much or you will destroy it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,097 Posts
Almost All plastics can be rewarped, the hard part is to get the plastic in the position you want it. You almost have to clamp it or fasten it somehow and then very carefully heat it with a heat gun. Some things are so bent out of shape you might have to do it in small steps. You have to be careful to not heat it too much or you will destroy it.
===================
NOTE - this thread died 7+YEARS ago

1 - 6 of 6 Posts