Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 DeVille has some sort of HVAC problem. with the a/c on the drivers side blows cold air but the passenger side is blowing hot air.The system has a full charge. I did a little research and the problem may be a bad air blend actuator p/n 16180230. one source says there is an actuator behind the glove box and sure enough there was and it was in the full hot position so I manually moved it to the cold position and cold air comes out the passenger vents. another source says the problem actuator is behind the panel under the glove box. I haven't looked there yet. Is there a relay or a fuse that supplies voltage to the actuator? And are there two actuators as I have indicated ? thanks. Slightly confused

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,252 Posts
My 99 DeVille has some sort of HVAC problem. with the a/c on the drivers side blows cold air but the passenger side is blowing hot air.The system has a full charge. I did a little research and the problem may be a bad air blend actuator p/n 16180230. one source says there is an actuator behind the glove box and sure enough there was and it was in the full hot position so I manually moved it to the cold position and cold air comes out the passenger vents. another source says the problem actuator is behind the panel under the glove box. I haven't looked there yet. Is there a relay or a fuse that supplies voltage to the actuator? And are there two actuators as I have indicated ? thanks. Slightly confused
===========================
your research is 100% CORRECT - failed RIGHT/passenger side mix door actuator -

LEFT/main and RIGHT/passenger - are the same part numbers -
you listed the GM 16180230 part number -
it might be easier to find it under the ACDELCO 15-72215 -

best price I could find is $70 - with free shipping -

amazon.com is $77 - with free shipping -

rockauto.com is $78 - including shipping -

----------------------

one source says there is an actuator behind the glove box
and sure enough there was and it was in the full hot position
so I manually moved it to the cold position and cold air comes out the passenger vents.

you found the correct one -

Is there a relay or a fuse that supplies voltage to the actuator?
NO - the HVAC system shares one fuse - (the blower and compressor have their own fuses) -

And are there two actuators as I have indicated ?
actually - there are THREE actuators -
LEFT/main -
RIGHT/passenger -
outside air -

but - as I already indicated - you identified and found the correct one -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts