Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all new member.... just bought a 99 deville w 106 k on the clock. i have a ac question. with the ac on i have cold air blowing out of the 2 center vents and the passenger vent near the window. hear is the problem. the drivers side vent near the window is blowing hot air. also the outlet in the back of the center console is blowing out hot air. in the past most of the cars ive dealt with have a valve that turns off water flow to the heater core. does this car have such a valve? where is it located? what about the hot air ? do you think that i have a broken vac line to some of the diverter doors? how do i go about troubleshooting this? where is there a good scource for a factory service manual? not a chilton or haynes but the correct in depth manual?

thanks for your input in advance.

shawn

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi , I had the same problem with my 99 Deville . There are 2 relays that controle the air mix doors , and they are behind and under under the glove box . The bottom relay in my car was gone and when it was replaced I had cold air on both sides .
RRG

·
Registered
99 deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont see any relays.....i have the glove box out and the pannel off the bottom i the heater/ac box and a plastic maniflod deal with all of the lines going to it. is there a pic somplace or could you be more spacific? id really like to try and get this fixed

shawn

·
Registered
99 deville
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a valve that has a part # of 16171742 and it says its a heating and ac valve......is this the part?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,984 Posts
in the past most of the cars ive dealt with have a valve that turns off water flow to the heater core. does this car have such a valve?
No. Coolant flows continuously through the core. An air mix door bypasses the core for cooling.

where is there a good scource for a factory service manual?
Ebay or http://www.helminc.com

There are no relays. What RRG is talking about are actuators. I had a sticky one on my '97. Running the temp up to 90 and then back down always cured it. That said, your symptoms are that of low refrigerant on a dual or tri-zone system.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is correct , they are not relays , I looked at the work order and they are actuators that operate the air mix doors, there are two , one behind the glove box and one below it behind the hush panel . the one that controls the temp on the drivers side is the one behind the hush panel . It cost me 129.00 dollars .At Rangers suggestion I also had the AC level checked , It was down a bit so I had it topped up .
RRG

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You have driven cars with a valve to turn off heater core flow?

What have you been driving, a 32 Ford???

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,984 Posts
He is giving away his age. I can well remember coolant flow control (heater control) valves. I would venture a guess the=at we both graduated from the same school (The old one).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts