Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 99 deville with a cd/cass non bose, no onstar and I am trying to install a new headnit. I bought a gmos-03, but it simply does not fit. is there a connection I am missing or am I doing something wrong because the harness comes with two connectors, and the factory stero only had one bigger one.
any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
what do you mean it doesnt fit
the gmos(gmrc)-03 is the harness you need
either the harness inside is wrong or your missing the peice that plugs into the black box and has the 32 pin harness
look at the instructions and see if all is there...

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the GMOS-03, attached is a pic with the harnesses next to each other. They have the same # of pins, but are a completely different size

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, it looks like I got ripped off buy someone on ebay then :mad:

do you have any idea what it IS then, because I need to sound like I know what I am talking about to get my $$$ back

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Tell them you got the chevy 24 standard plug, the only lac that uses it is the lade. You need the 32 pin Cadillac Olds Buick plug

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to metra, they said that the GMOS-03 is supposed to have 24 pins, the GMRC-03 has 32 pins. :confused:
so I guess Its my mistake. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
i have the old gmos-03 which has 32 pins
at some point in time they changed it to the gmrc-03 and the gmos-03 to my knowledge was killed...
apparently they brought it back as a 24 pin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts