Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Cadillac Deville
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 99 Deville, and for the past month it's been having a hard time hitting either 2nd or 3rd. It will sometimes over rev a bit then go in or go into the gear but when i put the gas down it doesn't speed up, i have to let off then hit it.
Then tonight i drove to a place about 45 minutes away, on the way back i got into town and it stalled when i was doing about 50km/h.

Could someone please tell me whats wrong? And estimate the cost to fix? Any info would greatly be appriciated. Thank you in advance.

It's a 99 Deville (automatic), with almost 219,000 km.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
58 Posts
NO JOKE the high lighted blue is like i would have wrote it myself NO JOKE Same thing happen to me it was the catalytic converter was plugged I thought it was my transmission So I took it to a dealer they told me it was not my transmission then they told me it would be $800 bucks for a new catalytic converter I said not now and went to a local muffler shop and they did it for $283.13 tax included (now my caddy rides like a dream. I was so nerves I shore thought it was my transmission.
I drive a 99 Deville, and for the past month it's been having a hard time hitting either 2nd or 3rd. It will sometimes over rev a bit then go in or go into the gear but when i put the gas down it doesn't speed up, i have to let off then hit it.
Then tonight i drove to a place about 45 minutes away, on the way back i got into town and it stalled when i was doing about 50km/h.

Could someone please tell me whats wrong? And estimate the cost to fix? Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

It's a 99 Deville (automatic), with almost 219,000 km.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts