Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,863 Posts
any idea where to check for pricing? i've got an opportunity to purchase a golden anniversary '99 in pristine condition with 192,000 on it. trying to find comparable pricing or at least indication. 3rd party sale that i can probably get a good deal on. thoughts?
----------------------------------
I think a "collector" car with 192,000 miles has lost most of its "collector" value -

so you are basically looking at a used 99 Deville with a LOT of miles on it -
maybe $1000 -

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
I agree @1000 is about as much as I would pay. Even special edition cars lose value. About the only time they go for more $$$ is if very very low mileage & basically show room new.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
So, who else has another one of 2,136 Golden Anniversary Devilles? I am pretty sure most of them ended up in the men's mall, but I hope someone still has one happily cruising down the road.

I am planning to keep mine as long as I could. It's gotten new gaskets and bearings during 2013 and is still running strong as I hear. I am away from home and I cannot drive it until I get back, but it's good to hear that I did an OK job repairing it. I miss the Northstar.

Installed with Home Made rear main seal installation tool :thumbsup:

And it's got the best quality stud kit available on the market from northstar performance

Some new accessories while we're there as well..(you can see the one that's been leaking like crazy!)

And the first fuelup after the repair!

Test drive after the repair

Now at ~120,000 miles after the repair!

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
http://cadillacbuyersguide.theautochannel.com/compare_details.php?car1=1999070403&car2=1999070401
-------Gold DeVille ------DeVille
MSRP $43,730 --------- $38,830
Invoice Price $40,168 $35,684
1999 Deville "Golden Anniversary" Option package = $4,484
Received.
> Cloisonne commemorative medallion
> Dual rear visor vanities
> Gold trim package
> Premium White Diamond Paint
> Simulated Rosewood appliques
> Zebrano wood trim
> Active Audio sound system (11) speakers
> Dual 8-way pwr front heated seats w/pwr lumbar adjusters
> Memory pkg-inc: settings for seat/lumbar/exit position/outside mirrors/ climate control/radio
> Two-tone leather seating
> Chrome wheels
> Rainsense automatic windshield wiper system

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just picked up one of these from the son in law of the original owner. It is in immaculate condition with 94,000 on the clock. I replaced the tires and gave it a tune-up. Everything works on this car, everything. I paid 1,500 for it. It has zero rust and drives great down the road.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Welcome Aboard!!! Nice car. You might want to study up on ELC - Electronic Level Control - the rear looks a tad low.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,863 Posts
I agree with Sub - rear looks low -

fast easy test -
on a flat - level surface -
use a tape measure from the ground up to the opening of the wheel well -

front and rear should be the same -

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with Sub - rear looks low -

fast easy test -
on a flat - level surface -
use a tape measure from the ground up to the opening of the wheel well -

front and rear should be the same -
I will study up on it. You have to admit, it's a damn good find. The audio system sounds fantastic. My other driver is a 2014 BMW 328. I think I like driving this Cadillac more than my BMW.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts