Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville 50th Anniversary /1975 Eldo Convt.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see someone is good here with production numbers. I have a 99 Deville Golden Anniversary Edition. I am wondering, does anyone know an accurate number for the production of these. I am the second owner, buying it last April from my Dad's father in law. He purchased the car new at Kelly Cadillac in Lancaster, PA with about 800 miles on the odom.

Also, anyone who has a promo material for this car, books, flyers, pins, hats, whatever they made, I am interested. I have a mailer, a lapel pin, a golden anniversary brochure for this car already, but not afraid of duplacates. Dealer items would be great.

Dave

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
64 Posts
Puzzeled me for a minute, Golden Anniversity of Cadillac was 1952, then Deville hit me....1949. 2005 and Deville is gone. What is coming next, bet Henry Leland is kinda twitching in his grave.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
I doubt Cadillac ever offered that. It was most likely a dealer ad on option that consisted of nothing more than a few special badges stuck to the outside/inside and maybe a cloth top or different wheels. It is just how Lincoln never made a Presidential Edition Town Car but the dealers stuck a presidential emblem on the side and sold the car for $1000 more.

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville 50th Anniversary /1975 Eldo Convt.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hate to burst your bubble, but this is a genuine Cadillac special edition. Probably one of the last outside of the collectors series Eldorado. I will post some photos of it. It boils down to a D'elegance package, but is not branded that way. Has a two tone interior, special badging and embroidered logos in the seat backs.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
My bad. :hide:

·
Registered
Deville
3 Posts
Hi Dave,
My name is Jeff and I recently purchased a 99 Deville Golden Anniversary Edition with only 13,000 miles and was told these car are fairly rare. He said they all have White diamond paint, and distinct badging. I would aslo like to know how many were made and just how rare these cars are. If I find out more info I will write you back on this site. Thanks

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I also have one of those 99 Deville 50-year golden anniversary. Just passed 100,000 miles.

Here's the differences I figured out:
two tone (chrome and gold) side molding all around, 50-year anniversary side badges, 50-year anniversary logo'd seats...probably more.

My aunt bought the car from Crest Cadillac in Plano, TX., new, and I am the second owner of it.

I just got some pics of it and I think I can upload those as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Front (sorry, didn't have enough space because of the garage door)

Two-tone side molding

50-Year Golden Anniversary Badge

Front Seat

Embroidered logo on the back of the seats

Dash (that is steering wheel cover)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Also found these

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/20253-97-98-99-cadillac-deville.html#post152029

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/92594-97-98-99-concours.html#post897348

Does anyone have the info if they gave any other stuff for its anniversary? I have two blue colored cup with gold stripe on top of them with gold Cadillac emblems in the middle. Don't know if these were given to any Cadillac customers.

·
Registered
Deville
3 Posts
I was on Edmunds today and found this little bit of info about the number of Golden Anniversay editions being made. I believe this was written before they actually knew an exact number of these cars were to be produced. It states the following " Look for a limited run of about 2,000 specially badged and optioned Golden Anniversary Edition DeVilles, painted White Diamond with gold trim, to celebrate the model's 50th anniversary." If anyone finds anymore precise info please let me know. Also thank you "maeng9981" for the pictures, it was very helpful to me!

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
I think the 2 tone side molding is just a Deville D'Elegance thing or whatever they were called.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post, but Compnine says 2,136 cars were equipped and sold as 1999 Deville 50-year Gold Anniversary.

They include these RPO Codes:
YP2 - Unk. - 2,136 (Seems like the package RPO for Gold Anniversary)
154 - TRIM COMBINATION - LEATHER,SHALE (154) - 2,136
B94 - ORNAMENTATION,EXTERIOR,BODY EMBLEM BODY EMB(B94) - 2,136
ID4 - TRIM - INTERIOR DESIGN (D4) - 2,136

·
Registered
99 Deville
97 Posts
This is the one I have. :) I hear these 2,000 cars have no head gasket issues as the mechanics took, "special care" putting them together. Haha, joking, I wish.

·
Registered
none
1 Posts
any idea where to check for pricing? i've got an opportunity to purchase a golden anniversary '99 in pristine condition with 192,000 on it. trying to find comparable pricing or at least indication. 3rd party sale that i can probably get a good deal on. thoughts?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts