Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1999 Deville base
95 Eldorado, 99 Deville, 05 CTS
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Guess what? I found a pair of complete front struts, with mounts, at an unclaimed freight warehouse for 99$! They're made by Dorman, 949-534. The number comes up as a 4 wheel delete kit, from active RSS, to passive. I've just got the front. I was needing struts, my front end is low and bottoms too easily, but never could find complete struts, and separately, was too expensive to me. I tried to get some info on the quality and characteristics of them, but cant find any. Does anyone out there know anything about these Dorman replacements? Are they any good? Gotta be better than Strutmasters, right?! They have black coated springs, Dorman decal on them and came with 2 cool looking gold plug-in resistors, which I dont need on my base model. I appreciate any info, and thanks in advance!

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I looked at that too. Not much info. The ones I got are 4 coil black springs with the 2 bolt mounting flange on the bottom. The red ones appear to be 5 coil, and I dnt see a mount flange at the bottom.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
425 Posts
I'd say you did OK. I'll guess they might be Gabriel/Delco units, with the resistor/conversion added on 3rd party.
Better this way without the silly "booster spring" crappola in the rear. Nasty ride quality.
Rear air shocks, budget Delco/Gabriel same units:

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks! I'm looking for a number on the body now...

·
2004 Deville base
425 Posts
Interesting this is...4 coil fronts in the springs only bin. ? Maybe you did real good, I prefer stock/oem on caddys.

Good Luck/StaySafe

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No numbers, I'll take a pix and see if I can remember how to post it!

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder how well they will ride? I guess only one way to find out! I tried all last nite, but couldnt find any detailed info for them. Has anyone seen these before?

·
2004 Deville base
425 Posts
Well the mounts look different in these pics, but they don't always show the 'exact part' so it is not the final say.
Match them to what ya got.
If...you think it works, and, you don't like the springs, swap em with the OEM's. Safely/correctly.
Rarely do springs 'wear out'. Damage/abuse yes.

RockAuto really kicks butt with pics/info, sometimes crazy good prices. $7.49/closeout for VW struts a while back

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My front end/springs are way down. I can only count 3 coils on the struts on the car. And my mounts groan when I turn the wheel. I'd have to buy some, if I dont like em. Carid has oem progressive wound for 56$ a pair.

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pretty low, huh? Awesome about Rock Auto. That's who I usually buy from 1st.

·
1999 Deville base
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I clicked your link, Rock has the same variable rate spring set 5$ cheaper! Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts