Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Deville
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alarm has always worked but the other day I noticed it doesnt work now. I rolled down the windows, locked the car from the key fob, reached in and unlocked it from the door and opened it. Alarm did not go off. Horn does work. Security light flashes like normal. What could be the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
1995 Deville
38 Posts
Did you try this on every door or just the drivers door? Do your interior lights come on when you open the door? Try rolling down the window and locking the door manually and see if it goes off after you try to reach in and open the door.

On my 1995 Deville, the switch that told the car the door was opened was bad. On a lot of cars this is just a simple door jamb switch that takes 5 minutes to remove and replace. But on my Caddy it was part of the door latch and I had to replace the whole thing. it was an easy enough job on my 1995 but it looks like on the 97-99 Deville it is a pain in the rear thanks to the revised door panel mounts and the door airbag. It took me 35 minutes to remove the door latch from a 1997 Deville at the local junk yard but only 15 minutes to change it out on my car.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts