Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power door locks/windows and interior lights including map light vanity light on mirror and cigarette lighter don't work.
AC defrost and fans don't either. All fuses under the hood and trunk area are good, battery was disconnected for several minutes and reconnected with no change. No codes after scan

Once key is inserted and ignition turned on nothing lights up on the dash, than after 15 seconds it lights up saying service air bag than quickly turns off. Engine runs and car drives perfectly. reset button says monitored systems ok.

Power seats work
brake lights work
stereo works
turn signals work
wipers work
headlights work manually

please help

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Well those are all on different circuits. Is just one door dead or all of them?
The front cigarette lighter is powered from fuse under hood, the rest of those items from the rear panel.
One thing about the interior lights: they will only operate automatic at night, there is a sensor in dash. Do they come on if you turn on via the headlight switch?
All window wiring goes through drivers master switch first and then to each door. Those switches good bad a lot(both of mine were shot when I got them) and some windows didn't work.
Behind the back seat are relays blocks that you may want to check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 99' Cadillac Deville electrical problems HELP!

All locks and windows on all four doors don't work, the interior lights don't work even turning them on manually.
All fuses are intact. Thanks for replying

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Re: 99' Cadillac Deville electrical problems HELP!

Start checking grounds.... there are numerous inside and under the hood. 2 under back seat, 1 on x brace behind rear seat, both kick panels have grounds. Since these use grounds to turn things on and off it can be the issue. Did you swap fuses or just visual check? Check for power at the fuse panel, I think all those interior items are covered by a fuse in front panel also(body 1 IIRC).
I would check the fuse panel under hood for power to BODY FUSE 1,3 and INDVERT MAxi fuses. The fuse panels are known to corrode badly up there and need cleaning/replacing.
i traced the wires on FSM and they all lead to those 3 fuses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i found all the grounds, and they are intact. Could only parts of the BCM fail instead of the whole unit failing?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
When I said check the grounds I meant clean them. If the BCM is toast it is bad, nothing inside easily repairable. They run 30-50 on eBay, make sure you check the part numbers. Did you take the maxi fuses out and check for power and corrosion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no change with the new BCM installed, do they need to be reprogrammed? all the grounds look excellent i also pulled the fuses on the systems that don't work all are clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I did take the old BCM out it had a strong burnt electrical smell to it, I figured that a new BCM would have solved the problem but for some reason there is no change. Turn the key to ignition no display for 15sec. than the dig display comes on, still no power to the doors/locks or fuel gauge and no AC or defog or fan.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Are you able to pull codes using DIC? There would almost have to be numerous codes.
Short of that start swapping relays/maxi fuses and tracing wiring looking for bad wire(s). Is possible if BCM fried it took out some relays I suppose. When you say no AC will it not turn on or is fan not working? Is comp engaging?
You need ALLDATA or a FSM for wiring diagrams and test procedures at this point.
Start checking for power at frt fuses in question then check the relays for power and ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No codes, AC reads -- and blower motor (fans) defrost defog front and rear don't work. I will start tracing the wires, I checked the fuses and harness with a test light, I'm getting power to the fuses, I'll keep you up to date thanks

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
18,800 Posts
did you figure it out? I have the exact same problem. thanks
Spoiler for sMe problem :
=======================
you will get a better response by starting a new thread and describe your EXACT problem - in great detail -
rather than respond the a thread that died 6 YEARS ago with "I have the exact same problem" -

STEP #1- ALWAYS - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

1 - 14 of 14 Posts