Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's '99 DeVille is in immaculate shape (46,000 miles) inside and out, with one exception ....... the upper portion of the dash board (where it meets the windshield and encloses the radio speaker) looks like it's warping. It is not cracked or peeling, just not laying flat anymore. Should I replace the entire top dash or is there a cover that could be fitted over the old one?

Suggestions???

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
My suggestion is a fitted dash cover. I have one on most of my cars, they keep direct sun off the dash and help keep it from warping or cracking. If you don't care for the look then I suppose you would have to replace the dash.

·
Registered
'99 De Ville, '05 CTS-V
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KEV.

Any suggestions as to where to get a decent cover? I don't want the car to look trashy, so I'd like something nice.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Most any autoparts store should carry them. You might want to do a google search if you want more info, mine were already in the cars when I bought them. Make sure the one you choose has a good return policy in case you are not happy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
i work at autozone and you can get them for 29.99 plus tax, you can get them in any color..velour or carpet, and monogramming is available also.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
It might just need glued back down. I know the 2000+ pads peeled from their bases - the glue lets go and it pops up. Mine did. I just took it off, glued it back down, and put it back in.

Jim

·
Registered
927 Posts
turbojimmy said:
It might just need glued back down. I know the 2000+ pads peeled from their bases - the glue lets go and it pops up. Mine did. I just took it off, glued it back down, and put it back in.

Jim

my 96 has the same problem teh corners around the vent are peeling upwards what is the best glue for this?

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
ocjmakaveli said:
my 96 has the same problem teh corners around the vent are peeling upwards what is the best glue for this?
I used 3M Spray Trim Adhesive that I bought at a local body supply shop. I would think just about any multi-purpose adhesive from a craft shop would work. You're bonding vinyl to plastic.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts