Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99' cadillac deville
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is leaking coolant from the right side when the car is running. I talk to a neighbor cadillac mechanic and he said that it would most likely be my waterpump, but could that might mean that its a radiator hose or something else leaking? and when it leaks it drips from the bottom. Any ideas? im suppose to take it to cadillac but am afraid it will over heat and dont want to waste money if its something i could fix at home thanx.

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Well it could be the pump or pump gasket or even a hose. From what I understand the most common is the surge tank (where the radiator cap it). They apparently develop leaks and cracks. Get a flash light and start hunting that leak.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,793 Posts
The water pump is on the left (drivers) side. So you can rule that out. Like 1998 Deville said, look at the surge tank and hoses. Are you sure it is not leaking from the overflow?

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
If it overheats and pushes coolant out past the pressure cap it will be on the right side.
Also if the coolant reservoir is cracked it will leak on that side as well.

If it's on the right side towards the bumper it could be a cracking radiator tank. That is fairly common as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts