Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
05 DHS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, My 99 gave me a great new problem today. My keyless doesn't work at all anymore. Switched batteries, held lock/unlock and get nothing. I unlocked the doors with the key and the alarm still goes off. No security lights on at all so it's like the car doesn't even know the alarm is going off. It goes off again when is start the car but again, doesn't disable the starter at all and the alarm stops after 30sec and i drove it home. Put different batteries in the keyfob and tried to reset it but get nothing, not even the gas cap. Wondering what might be wrong and why it doesn't work anymore. I'd disable the alarm so it didn't go off temperarly but wondering if anyone has idea whats wrong and why not security lights error somes up but horn and lights still flash. Please drop a line with any suggestions of help. Also no stereo or aftermarket anything, completly stock. i was thinking about putting a deck in but who knows now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1996 Deville
67 Posts
I wouldn't know why the keyless remote doesn't work anymore. Do you have an AutoZone near you? At the parts counter they have a small display of Energizer remote batteries. On that display is a tester.....see if your remote it transmitting.

Also, your driver's-door key cylinder might be bad or out of adjustment.

Does the domelight come on when you turn the key to unlock? If you turn the key twice to unlock (or turn and hold, I forget) do the passenger doors unlock?

What if you use the key in the trunk or passenger door?

·
Registered
05 DHS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I was not able to get the drivers door to unlock other doors or turn the light on, but i was able to do this with the passenger side and that disabled the alarm so no horn:thumbsup: Awesome, so I'll head to autozone tommorow to see if i can figure out why the remote stopped working or if it's something internal. Can get replacement remotes for not to expensive on ebay around 25-35. Don't think it will be worth replacing the drivers lock sensor unless its cheap, and as long as i can use passenger or keyfob then i don't really care. Just don't know what would cause a keyfob to break, I looked at the board and it looks fine, and everything worked fine this morning. And the drivers lock shouldn't have anything to do with it would it? Thanks again for the help, i was thinking the worst already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts