Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Cadillac Concours
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like this is accessed from the trunk by unbolting two bolts at the top of the plastic carrier for all that stuff and then laying it down in the trunk. Anyone know for sure before I go pulling on old wires?

I have to trace down a no interior lights and no cig lighter power and need to check those relays. I guess.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
No need to remove the electronics panel.
Take back seat out is all that is necessary. After you remove bottom cushion there are 2 bolts inside car(18mm) and 2 from inside trunk(10mm deep well).
You can take the plastic tray down after that but no reason to really unless you have to access something and supports are in the way.

·
Registered
'98 Cadillac Concours
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks! I was afraid of that. I don't relish pulling the seat out. Mainly because I don't want to have to find some place to put it. I thought it might be easier to just lay the plastic carrier down in the trunk.

Anyhow, I might not have to do this since I found what may be my problem in the Inadvertant Relay Do Hickey. I have a broken wire to one of the connections.

Please see my new post asking how to get the wire ends out of the connector housing.

Cheers,
Jack

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
You have to take seat out to get electronic panel out FYI as the nuts are towards back seat.
If a pin broke off the relay going to need a good light and small needle nose pliers. Maybe a dental pick. Those individual connectors can be released from the plastic also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts