Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 99 catera that has a multitude of electrical problems. i figure them to mostly be the result of 1 or 2 bad relays but need help. i've read the k134 mf relay is a common problem but i seem to have more things going on than most people. Here's what doesnt work,

radio, all dome/vanity/door lights, power locks, fuel door button, trunk button in park (works in drive with brake on), power mirror switch, driver seat heater, and the coolant light is stuck on.

i've checked every fuse and they are all good. any thoughts???

·
Registered
'97 Catera (Ocean)
463 Posts
Coolant light could be due to low coolant, or a messed up sensor in the coolant tank. May need to replace the entire tank as it would be cheaper.

·
Registered
Catera 2001
343 Posts
I just bought a 99 catera that has a multitude of electrical problems. i figure them to mostly be the result of 1 or 2 bad relays but need help. i've read the k134 mf relay is a common problem but i seem to have more things going on than most people. Here's what doesnt work,

radio, all dome/vanity/door lights, power locks, fuel door button, trunk button in park (works in drive with brake on), power mirror switch, driver seat heater, and the coolant light is stuck on.

i've checked every fuse and they are all good. any thoughts???
Appears to be most functions controlled by the Body Control Module.

Information in the following thread and the referenced other posts in that thread may be helpful,

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/207260-2001-catera-sport-need-help.html

Good luck.

·
Registered
99 catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i haven't got the new BCM yet but another problem arose today. after about 13 miles of driving, the tranny starts slipping badly and gets to the point i have to keep the rpm's nearly red lined just to build up any speed. finally the car overheats and wont move. after i let it sit a couple hours it worked fine for another 13 miles. then same thing. Would the BCM have anything to do with this. I was thinking maybe the TCM. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
99 catera
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just noticed tranny fluid is now leaking a steady stream when engine running. wonder if maybe i blew a hose when i overheated the car. also took in for scan and got a lot of cylinder misfire codes. also air injection and gear ratio faults.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts