Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an '04 Raven (picking it up tonight - I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve!) and I'm wondering if the B&M short-throw shifter that I had on my '99 C5 will fit in the CTS-V. I know on the box for the B&M they have a bunch of different versions ('97-2000 C5 is checked off on my box, but there were also places for Firebirds, Camaros, etc) but I don't know what differences they have. I can't imagine the guts of the tranny have changed much since then, but the Vette was a transaxle setup versus a regular behind-the-engine tranny setup, so it might have had different rod-throws or something to get the shifter motions back to the transaxle.

I'll probably just take the stock shifter off and compare the throw in both dimensions, the height from the top of the cover, etc, and see if it looks the same, but was wondering if anyone knew definitively.

Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks in advance guys!

-B

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
It's never been tried that I know of, so be a pioneer and let us know what you find.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Just bought an '04 Raven (picking it up tonight - I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve!) and I'm wondering if the B&M short-throw shifter that I had on my '99 C5 will fit in the CTS-V. I know on the box for the B&M they have a bunch of different versions ('97-2000 C5 is checked off on my box, but there were also places for Firebirds, Camaros, etc) but I don't know what differences they have. I can't imagine the guts of the tranny have changed much since then, but the Vette was a transaxle setup versus a regular behind-the-engine tranny setup, so it might have had different rod-throws or something to get the shifter motions back to the transaxle.

I'll probably just take the stock shifter off and compare the throw in both dimensions, the height from the top of the cover, etc, and see if it looks the same, but was wondering if anyone knew definitively.

Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks in advance guys!

-B
I've had both - the V shifter is quite different. Good luck with the new ride!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts