Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 sts 96 eldorado 94 concours
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2000 Deville The Oil Pan Is Leaking Around The Oil Sender Switch Replace Switch Found Not To Be The Problem Dealer Told Me 980.00 To Fix He Says The Engine Has To Be Raised And It Is 8.5-to 9 Hours To Repair Tried Other Shop Most Said Minimum Of 550.00 Still Seems Like Alot Is Their Something I Can Add To Oil To Fix Or A Easier Way To Fix Myself

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,084 Posts
If you are sure it is the pan gasket, you could try pulling the bolts you can get at, clean the bolt and female threads with Brakleen, then apply some Permatex thread sealer and torque to spec's. That may slow it down. I would not add any snake oil to try and seal it up.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Oyyyyyy do a search. There is an OK way of slowing a pan gasket leak. The general consensus is if you're not spewing oil all over the place then don't waste the time to fix it.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that it's a $1000 job. I think the book calls for 10.5 hrs. The engine doesn't get lifted the cradle gets dropped from under the car.

This has been discussed a million and one times now.

EDIT; damn ranger you beat me to it. LOL. That method Ranger speaks of is what I was talking about.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
With the price that labor is going for, especially at a Caddy dealer, $980 seems like a very good deal for a job that's 10.5 hours book time.

·
Registered
2005 sts 96 eldorado 94 concours
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I Just Checked It Again And For Some Reason The Plastic Part On The Oil Sender Switch Is Cracked And Could See Oil Driping From It But I Just Replaced This Part A Week Ago And Didnt Touch The Plastic Peace And Was Told That Was The Original Problem Is There Any Way I Have Too Much Oil Pressure Or Too Much Heat Causing The Oil Sender Switch To Crack Or Just Bad Luck

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,084 Posts
Bad luck or improper installation would be more likely than too much pressure or heat.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Unless you're typing the header line for a newspaper or magazine article.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts