Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this stuff in the intro and was advised on making a new thread.

To Start I have a 1998 Seville STS.
Black on Black
10% Tint all around
18" Rozzi detentions in some 50 BFGoodwrenchs.
2 12" JL-W0's in a box with a Kenwood 800 watt amp.
K&N
Cat. plated PowerStop Crossdrilled rotors(front & back)
PosiQuite Semi Metallic Pads

Well guys I got my new rotors and pads friday. went to my girls uncle's job and he went a head and put them on for me. Very nice. no rust!!! better braking performance!!!

Parts
PowerStop Rotors Front -- AR8255 Left and Right -- $109.98 each
PowerStop Rotors Back-- AR8264 Left and Right -- $64.98 each
PosiQuite Pads Front -- 106.07530 -- $49.98
PosiQuite Pads Back-- 106.07540 -- $39.98
$40 shipping
Bringing it to a total of $479.88

Any one interested i found them here http://www.powerstoprotors.com/ very nice people. very helpfull also.

I've only put bout 150 miles so far but very nice improvement. I would recommend to everyone. I feel like im driving and old ladies car now. I barely step on the brakes and get a good response. Havent got to test them fully yet. But i will post again when i do to let yall no the results. Now to my next project. Eibach springs. Will lower her an inch. I promise i will get some pictures for you guys.

"If you aint part the problem, then you part the solution"

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice. The stopping power of the stock brakes isn't terrible but can still be improved. When I drive the Z after driving the STS, the first time I step on the brakes I find myself stepping much harder than needed and coming to a short stop...after a little while, I may have to do the same and buy a nice set of rotors and pads. :coolgleam

·
Registered
166 Posts
The pads that you purchased - do they have the slots for the brake-wear sensors?

This is one of the more affordable brake upgrades, and I'm pretty interested. Looks like a nice way to spend a romantic day with my STS. :cool:

Oh yeah.. Lets see some pics of the car!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes they did. my girls uncle was even nice enuff to be careful and i was able to even use the old sensors. also have put this thing thru some more test. braking was greatly increased. i have about 700 miles on the new rotors and pads. Regular braking there is a pretty good perf increase. but the big diff is at high speed braking from 80 to 60 in like 1.4 seconds. very nice. not rust on the rotors which im loving. less brake dust no dont have to wipe the rims as much. also very quite. i think i need an alignment since im getting some pullin to the right when braking but deff dont think its the brakes. i would deff recommend the cross drilled for the front and back. way cheaper then stock rotors. ill prob upgrade the calipers but sure what brand yet. you can see some pics at my cardomain site.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/bharner
yes a very romantic day with her.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Also I got tired of my great bose system playing all the bass on the left channel so I am replacing her thursday.

- In the front doors i'm putting 5.25" MBQuart 2 ways.
- In the back door i'm putting6.5" JLA 2 ways.
- These will be powered by an Alpine 200watt 4 channel amp.
- Hooked all up with monster cables. (4 guage).
- For the head unit im using this old pioneer cd player i have. but will be opting out for an in dash dvd joint.
- Also pick up a monster 1/2 Farad Cap.
- Not too bad. $1100 installed.
- Along with my 2 12" W0's the caddy will sound like heaven.
- Also plan on getting a diff amp for my subs. ppi pref.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New HeadLamp mod!!!
Well not really sure if it's considered a mod or not but i was bored so i thought i would get some of those high white headlamps. looks great. then i got to tinkering and found that the front turn signal (3157 yellow bulb) will fit into the side marker hole. so i got some brilliant amber bulbs and put the turnsignal into the side marker hole. now the the side marker flashes as the turnsignal. left the side marker empty so its speeds up the flash a little. at least to me its a nice improvement. will work with 98+ seville head lamps. connector doesnt fit exactly but with a little jiggle it will. looks great. just two solid eyes in the front at nite and all clear in the day. also the turn signal now lites up the direction ur turning very nicely. my car was in a n accident and has a newer head lamp on the pass side so im sure it will work with 98-2003 sevilles and whatever other car has similar head lamps. hope yall like it

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay new sounds are in and W:D:D:D:D:DW. ya booooy. so i went to tweeter and talk to the installer he said he could make it sound beautiful with the bose head unit so i was able to keep my steering controls and 6 disc changer. also the lovely center channel. very nice job pete. thanks and ill be back. so we put 6.5" Boston 2 ways in the front doors and 6.5" JL 2 ways in the back doors. Powered them with a Alpine 200 watt 4 channel amp. Also re wired my Kendwood 800 watt (460 RMS) and my 2 12" JL W0's. Hooked them up to a Monster 1/2 Farad cap. Everything was wired with Monster cable to Monster connectors. 4 guage for the power. Very nice sound. He also removed the bose 12 and the hole it left does wonders for the sound. Very nice improvement. Especially cuz i got to keep the stock face.

Parts list for yall --
JL 6.5" 2 ways -- #TR650CXI -- $111.99
Boston 6.5" 2 ways -- #SL65 -- $259.99
Alpine 200 watt 4 channel amp -- #MRPF240 -- $199.99
Monster 1/2 FARAD Cap, Cables, Connectors, Fuse Holders and Fuses -- $194.55
PAC High to Low Level Converter -- #SNI35 -- $24.99(i could have got this $10.00 cheaper)
Labor -- $239.97
Grand Total of: $1031.48

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds great...that car is going to be perfect by the time you're done with it. While the bose system in the STS is much better than the one in my Vette, there is still room for improvement. That thing is looking mean. :coolgleam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered New Bandpass box for custom trunk project.
Also ordered Sparco Gear Shifter and Pedals.
Will post info and pics when complete.
Also going to Caddy dealer tommorrow to get new steering wheel button. Will be asking if they can replace all the interior lites with red light. Hopefully they will. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Good info those will do me fine. i will put as needed.
You see, i think i get as much fun out of my SLS as u do your STS. I know my limitations, i think i can out do you as it aint always the car but the driver. I am sure I will post a thread of me beating a STS with my Lux sedan in the near future. AHAAHAHHHH.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SLS LUV said:
Good info those will do me fine. i will put as needed.
You see, i think i get as much fun out of my SLS as u do your STS. I know my limitations, i think i can out do you as it aint always the car but the driver. I am sure I will post a thread of me beating a STS with my Lux sedan in the near future. AHAAHAHHHH.
first off, r u just talkin S!!t? if u in the VA area we can race anyday anytime my man. ur r right about the driver not the car. but ill tell u like this. u aint gonna beat me in a SLS or STS. nor anyone for that matter. unless u got nitros. and the STS to me is all the same lux with more power. and i got An-dretty skillz. know how to make a vehical perform my friend. wanna put money on this challenge???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts