Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that quite often when I shift to drive from park the vehicle does not move until I shift to 3rd. Also when I shift to 1st manually the indicator on the cluster does not always indicate 1st. I adjusted the cable per the fsm and that seemed to make it a little better, but not much. Also, if I downshift manually leaving it in each gear for a few seconds it goes into first almost every time. I am also getting PCM codes 1520 and 1527. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
mmayer said:
It seems that quite often when I shift to drive from park the vehicle does not move until I shift to 3rd. Also when I shift to 1st manually the indicator on the cluster does not always indicate 1st. I adjusted the cable per the fsm and that seemed to make it a little better, but not much. Also, if I downshift manually leaving it in each gear for a few seconds it goes into first almost every time. I am also getting PCM codes 1520 and 1527. Any advice will be appreciated.
If the shift cable has been adjusted properly so that each gear quadrant is identified by the shifter, then your switch or wire harness may be compromised. You will need to remove the console top (around the shifter) for a closer inspection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
91TexasSeville