Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone....I am a regular at "Corvette Forum.Com" and now have a question about my 98STS.......I am sure you folks will be just as helpful as the Corvette Forum folks........here's the situation.......I have noticed the rear end is riding about 5 inches higher than normal.there is no warning display and I am wondering if there is a fix or am I on my way to see Mr Goodwrench....Thanks in advance for your comments....:)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome Rapid rodger.

Sounds weird. Something is causing the computer to make the ride higher.

I have heard that if you want to lower a STS, you can lower the sensor down a little. My analysis is that somehow the sensor got higher. Goto www.caddyinfo.com and see if you can find some information. If you arent getting any codes, that is going to be the culprit. This fix takes about 5 mins and all you need is an ajustable wrench.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wes.....Thanks for the quick response.....I tried Caddyinfo with no luck.....I am hoping other members of this forum might have had this happen and will reply.Thanks for the welcome.......:p

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
This one im not sure on, so I could recommend you to another board: www.gmforums.com . Go there and say the same thing, and in the subject line put: attn CadillacDan. He is a cadillac technician and will know the answer no doubt.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
And make sure that you tell us what the verdict is!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A follow up.......I visited Mr Goodwrench today to find out what the problem was.We hooked up a Tech II and found right rear load sensor(PN25728489...$168.25 list price)Was out of range...Replaced sensor and rechecked.....This time left load sensor(PN2217574....$133.27 list price) out of range This was a little confusing but we replaced that sensor too.Rechecked and found both sensors were in range, the compressor stopped cycling and the car returned to the proper ride height.Problem solved.After some haggling I was able to get away for $300.Thanks to everyone here who tried to help.......;)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. AHH, techII, what would we do without thee :worship:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
elwesso