Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No start 98 sts

After a 30 minute drive or so, I turn it off and will not start again until it cools down. However I tried moving the shifter back and forth and that worked a few times. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Re: No start 98 sts

1st off, you're in the wrong forum, you need to go to the Seville forum, not the STS. Sounds to me that if fiddling with the shifter improves things you have an intermittent failure of the neutral safety switch that gets worse with heat. You'll have better luck in the Seville forum though, heck, a mod might even move this post over there for you eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After engine is hot from a drive it will not always restart. A few times I ran the shifter up and back and it starter. Also it will restart when it cools down. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,638 Posts
Re: No start 98 sts

So you turn the key to START and it rolls over and over for some period of time but will not catch, run, idle ?

Or, you turn the key and nothing happens (as in: no crank)?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Classic leaky FPR symptom I would say, shifter thing was probably just a coincidence. Check for the presence of fuel near the vacuum fitting of the fuel pressure regulator. It should be dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts