Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I have searched for almost a hour now trying to find if this has already been covered.. but I can not find anything on it..so....
I had a new remote start put in today.. and they could not get it to work.. after install and programing, it started the car just fine.. the door locks and the trunk release also worked great..
But after shutting the car off, and trying to remote start it again.. it would not start again.. re-program the remote start again.. it works fine one time.. and then not a second.. and so on...
the trunk release and the door locks always work just fine..
The installer called tech support with no help.. so they just left it in my car like that.. i would like to take it to somebody else with some advice, but I need your help first..
Has anybody else had this problem..and or any insite on what to do....
Thank you in advance.. wagenman

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I'd have them remove it and go somewhere else. Ask local installers if they have experience with these cars.

·
Registered
1998 Seville SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that of course is my first thought also.. but i worry about the wires, if they already tapped into them with a scotchlock, then i would rather just leave them in place.. I guess my initial thoughts are its just a programming issue.. or at least thats what I am hoping for.. If I get no solid answers, I guess I haev no choice but to do just that.. but again.. if its just simple programing.. I would love to just make this one work..
thank you for the reply.. wagenman

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
If tech support couldn't help, I suppose it's possible it's a defective unit. But the fact that the shop just left it in the car not working wouldn't help me gain any confidence in they're workmanship. If you want to try and keep the unit you already have, I'd still go to a different shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts