Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Sweetness. I still like the '95 more...feels/sounds/looks more muscular and rough.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweetness. I still like the '95 more...feels/sounds/looks more muscular and rough.
Agreed, but the 98 is faster, especially at higher speeds.

Funny story for you. I let my friend drive it the other day, he has never driven anything over 230HP and it's a 6 banger with very little torque at higher speeds.

He needed to pass, so I told him to punch it, you should have seen the look on his face when it kicked to second at 60MPH and the following SHIT!!!!!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
What's he got? Some sort of a 3800 car?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Ah, the same motor in my buddies' '93 Maxima SE.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
great vid...I notice that the 98 shifts before red line...my STS gets well into redline before it shifts....have you ever manually shifted?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great vid...I notice that the 98 shifts before red line...my STS gets well into redline before it shifts....have you ever manually shifted?
That was manually. I am not sure if I had it WOT at first, I don't think I did till around 2500RPM.

·
Registered
past 88 Deville
316 Posts
looks like the 98 does 0-60 in about 7.5 or so. I have heard that if you keep the gear on first, it will shift into 2nd when it hits the redline

·
Registered
past 88 Deville
316 Posts
Agreed, but the 98 is faster, especially at higher speeds.
Actually I am having the same problem with my Mark VIII except my 93 one is faster then my 97 one. There is something wrong with my 97 because it sucks on the high end. BTW how long has it been that you changed your fuel filter on your 95 SLS? That might be slowing it down.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually I am having the same problem with my Mark VIII except my 93 one is faster then my 97 one. There is something wrong with my 97 because it sucks on the high end. BTW how long has it been that you changed your fuel filter on your 95 SLS? That might be slowing it down.
The first Gen Mark VIII's are faster than the Second gen's. My old SLS had 175K on it, so I think that might have been slowing it a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts