Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
98 sls
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 98 seville ans the suspension is unusaully stiff, like enough to make the car very jumpy and enough to make a cd player skip.

What should I check, I assume I have a air suspension due to hearing a pump in the back when I'm in my driveway.

What I realized is that when we first got it a week ago, the wheels were under the fender just a tad, and now they are not under the fender at all (rear).

should I start to save money for this pos again.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mine did this the other day too. It turned out that the vent solenoid was grounded out. I am willing to bet that you have RSS 1738 on.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Negative, no codes.

How much is the vent solenoid, and how can i test this part, and better yet, where is it located.
Excellent question and in truth, I have NO IDEA. Mine was a grounding out wire in the trunk. You might check to make sure that your level doohickies are ok. They are at each wheel well and look like mini shock absorbers with a skinny arm attaching to the A frame.

·
Banned
98 sls
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent question and in truth, I have NO IDEA. Mine was a grounding out wire in the trunk. You might check to make sure that your level doohickies are ok. They are at each wheel well and look like mini shock absorbers with a skinny arm attaching to the A frame.
Anyone got a pic of these and where the grounding out wire is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts