Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the the bulbs that are in the trunk lid, first section outbound (closest to) from the license plate supposed to also be brake lights? I was replacing 1 of the running lights (outermost) on the truck lid. After replacing, I noticed that the "inside" section bulbs are dual element. The running light element lights up with lights on but the other does not when the brake is applied. I checked both bulbs (same story) and the elements are fine. What is the second element for?

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Camaro 2SS/NPP/F55/AQJ, Sold: 2015 Camaro, 2006 STS (EXP) 1997 Seville STS (EXP)
447 Posts
rear fog light...export required (e.g. europe, japan)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts
Either a wedge base single or dual filament will fit/work. 3057/3157 ???

When I did my 2002 the dual filament bulbs were in the same sockets as yours, but only 2 wires to the socket........go figure.

These were 7 years old, so I replaced them all at the same time.................

Weren't most of the Seville rear fog lights a single outboard unit between the tailpipes in the lower bumper skirt ? Amber ? Maybe those were an add-on to pass import laws.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Either a wedge base single or dual filament will fit/work. 3057/3157 ???

When I did my 2002 the dual filament bulbs were in the same sockets as yours, but only 2 wires to the socket........go figure.

These were 7 years old, so I replaced them all at the same time.................

Most of the Seville rear fog lights were a single outboard unit between the tailpipes in the lower bumper skirt.
Mine are the older type socket. But just to be clear, they are not brake lights? I'm just wondering if I have an electrical issue.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,016 Posts
Yep - I have 2 of the old bayonet base bulbs, too, and they are running lights only, not dual-purpose. Not brake.

That may be the hang-over that PontiacV8 referred to.

·
Registered
'98 STS (Crimson Pearl)
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep - I have 2 of the old bayonet base bulbs, too, and they are running lights only, not dual-purpose. Not brake.

That may be the hang-over that PontiacV8 referred to.
Thanks, I did look at the sockets and there are 3 wires. Purple, Red and Black. If anybody has a pick of the rear of their seville with brakes on, that would ease my mind. I have never driven behind my car. I would ask the guy in the old C5 Vette that I killed the other night but I didn't get his number :cool2:

·
Registered
'03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11
671 Posts
The only brake lights are the ones attached to the fenders/body (and the third brake light of course). The lights in the trunk lid are taillights only, no brake function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts