Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 STS
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I dont think my seville is registering that its being put into park. It wont unlock the doors all the time. I also cant get into the personalization menu. Its simply not there. Im a little lost as to what is going on? The menu used to be there, but now its gone. no clue.

·
Registered
98 STS
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok Ranger, here they are. There were a TON of history codes that i didnt write down, but these are the current ones:
P1520 transmission range switch circuit *bingo, this is the one im sure*
U1255 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
C1712 - Left Front Damper Actuator Open Circuit
C1717 - Right Front Damper Actuator Open Circuit
C1722 - Left Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit
C1727 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit
C1727 - Right Rear Damper Actuator Open Circuit
C1780 - Loss of Steering Position Signal

The steering is a bad sensor, and the C codes ar e from the recent passive suspension upgrade. I havnt went and got the resistors yet to wire in.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,120 Posts
Yup, P1520 looks like the culprit. Just for the hell of it you might want to check the electrical connector.

·
Registered
98 STS
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is that at? Is this the black box on top of the transmission, the one that seems damn near impossible to get too?

·
Registered
98 STS
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes, that is the box. It wont show neutral or park. Looks like the part is about 40.00 plus shipping from rock auto. not bad. Looks like another weekend project here for this guy. Resistors and range sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts