Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was helping a buddy put together a 98 NS engine and he had an extra bracket on his bench he couldn't remember where it went. Looks like one of the accessory brackets but I couldn't find it on the web. I was wondering if any of yall knew which one it is. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
99 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, that's the problem, he had the whole motor takin apart and while putting it back together he wasn't sure which bracket it was

·
Registered
99 Seville SLS( parts) ,98 sts
121 Posts
looks like the bracket that connects the front of the motor to the right motor mount but I'm not sure because the pic is so small . it should go just to the left of the crank shaft with one bolt screwing it the front of the engine and and the other two on the side of the engine by the tranny.

·
Registered
1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)
1,702 Posts
I know, that's the problem, he had the whole motor takin apart and while putting it back together he wasn't sure which bracket it was
I can't see the image - the thumb is too small, and no larger IMAGE is attached

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac DeVille
279 Posts
I think that its the support bracket for either the altenator or the ac compressor what ever one is lower I can't remember right now

·
Registered
99 Seville SLS( parts) ,98 sts
121 Posts
Here ya go

Also only the 98-99 northstars that went into sevilles had this mount bracket so if its going into any other vehicle it may not be needed

·
Registered
99 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate it, no wonder he had it extra, he got the motor from a junk yard and it's going into a deville. I'll have to let him know. Again Thanks

·
Registered
97 ETC x2, 04 GXP, 04 STS x2, 97 ESC, 99 Deville, 05 SRX
2,603 Posts
You won't need that for a 93-99 Deville, only for the newer ones. That would have had to come from an SLS if you plan on using that engine in the Deville. The STS is the only other car to use that bracket in the pre-2000 era and that had the VIN 9 engine (different intake cams and valve springs).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts