Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L (Deceased), 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, out of nowhere, my rear driver's side window stopped going up. It goes down just fine. Upon removing the doorpanel to inspect the issue, I found that nothing was wrong with the motor or regulator. I measured the wires and found that when you press down (which works) on the window control, one wire is hot while the other becomes the ground. However, when you press up (which doesn't), both wires become hot.

So, does anybody have any ideas of what to check? Or, does anyone have a handy copy of the wiring diagram for the power windows? Any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,336 Posts
Driver's door switch panel fault ??? - or

Window regulator. Popular Deville option named "Pop & Drop". Common.

Google "cadillac forums deville rear window regulator repair" or something close.

Forum: Discussions, Item Specific; Tech Tips

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
More than likely a bad switch. All the wiring to all the windows goes to master switch then each door. My RR o ly goes up at RR door currently. If the master fails(and they go constantly) the windows work half assed. The last switch I replaced the LR window only went up by master and only down at thw door switch.

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L (Deceased), 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whether I use the driver's switch or the RL switch, they both only go down. Here's the strange part: if the plug is disconnected from the motor, each wire only gets juice when the proper button is pressed, with the other remaining grounded. However, if you plug the control back into the motor, then they both get juice when you press up. I picked up a new motor and still got the same results. Does this info narrow it down any?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts