Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Deville Limo, 2012 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause a 98 Deville to Unlock itself almost every day.
The only codes are history for Long term memory reset, Keep alive Memory and Device circuit low from the dome lights running the battery out when the GPS was stolen from it. I have had the Key fobs re-programed at the dealer. They say they have never heard of this happening. Alternator and Batteries check out good with a volt meter. Any Ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
2003 DHS, 97 BMW Vert, 08 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
87 Posts
I have a friend that lives in town. He doesn't have a garage, so he parks his car on the street. Several months ago when he came out to go to work, his car was also unlocked. This happened everyday for a week. He dirves a Jeep Grand Cherokee. One morning he was leaving early for work. His neighbor across the street just came out of his house also. My friend watched his car unlock from his porch. It unlocked simultaneously with his neighbor. It turned out that his neighbor had just installed an aftermarket keyless entry system in his car. Apparently the frequency of his system was close enough to my friend's factory system that it actually unlocked his car.

Granted that was a Chrysler product. This scenario may be totally impossible with a GM, but one never knows.

·
Registered
95 sedan deville
113 Posts
I have a friend that lives in town. He doesn't have a garage, so he parks his car on the street. Several months ago when he came out to go to work, his car was also unlocked. This happened everyday for a week. He dirves a Jeep Grand Cherokee. One morning he was leaving early for work. His neighbor across the street just came out of his house also. My friend watched his car unlock from his porch. It unlocked simultaneously with his neighbor. It turned out that his neighbor had just installed an aftermarket keyless entry system in his car. Apparently the frequency of his system was close enough to my friend's factory system that it actually unlocked his car.

Granted that was a Chrysler product. This scenario may be totally impossible with a GM, but one never knows.

I had the same thing with several alarms actually...turn mine off...turned theirs on...and vice versa. and with todays longer range alarms/remotes...I could see that happening

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Are all doors unlocking or just the drivers door?
Does it do it at different locations or just when you park it overnight?

·
Registered
98 Deville Limo, 2012 CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It unlocks all the doors. I tried turning it around and it still did it, but I have not tried a different location.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts