Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new here I have a 98 deville with code p0741 I got the engine out Iam going to studs the engine. Do I need to replace torque converter or Tcc solenoid sensor or both and where I can buy does parts. Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new here I have a 98 deville with code p0741 I got the engine out Iam going to studs the engine. Do I need to replace torque converter or Tcc solenoid sensor or both and where I can buy does parts. Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Re: 98 deville

Please DO NOT double post - give your question time to be answered. This was moved from Site Rules and Regulations - wrong forum. Please read the text in each forum to find out what is supposed to be asked there. Your question(s) belong in Past vehicles, Deville OR in Engines.

You might want to let this question sit here and see if anyone chimes in - if you get no definite answers we'll move it to Engines, Northstar Performance.

For torque converter, transmission, and engine supplies and tips, read through the pages of Cadillac Tech Tips and the stickys in the Northstar performance forums. Talk to Chris in parts at Rippy Cadillac over there >>>> and I have had good luck with www.northstarperformance.com , www.carrollcustomcadillac.com , www.huhnsolutions.com. You're in for a lot of tricky, technical work. You will NEED a real GM/Helm service manual and a comprehensive set of tools.

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
U took out motor to stud it so I assume it needs new headgaskets? AND u have p0741? Did u drop motor/trans out the bottom or pull motor out the top?

·
Registered
1998 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for reply , I removed the engine from the top, I'm going to use Northstar performance studs , the transmission still in the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts