Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 DeVille / 173,000 miles
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have or know where I can get a stock in dash CD/Cassette for my 98 DeVille? Not a Concours or DeElagance, just a base car. The original factory unit was just a cassette, part # 9376066 and the RPO code was U1L. I have a nice aftermarket unit, but I want the audio controls to work. This is turning out harder to find then I thought it would be. Thanks.

·
Banned
99 DeVille (Grace Slick)
333 Posts
Does anyone have or know where I can get a stock in dash CD/Cassette for my 98 DeVille? Not a Concours or DeElagance, just a base car. The original factory unit was just a cassette, part # 9376066 and the RPO code was U1L. I have a nice aftermarket unit, but I want the audio controls to work. This is turning out harder to find then I thought it would be. Thanks.
Your best option is a GM trunk mounted 12 CD changer. Your car already has the plug for it.

·
Registered
97 Deville, 08 Envoy, 88 Lx Stang (Gone But Never Forgotten)
61 Posts
Hey Captain Do you know if my 97 Deville has this option also????

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
If I read your post right, you have the aftermarket radio installed and still have the orginal that came with the car, this orginal has the cassette and you now want the CD option.. Ebay should be able to provide or car wreckers. If you reinstall the orginal then the 12 pack CD in the trunk will work best, if you replace the orginal with a CD /Cassette then you will have to have the VIN programmed into the radio by a dealership or someone with a Tech 2 scantool, don't worry about looking for a radio that says BOSE, it was not an option on the 97 to 99 Deville but they all had the plug in the trunk for the CD changer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts