Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 98 deville and the original radio only has a cassette......i'm looking on ebay right now and someone has the same exact unit i have but it has a c.d. player also......i'd like to buy it because it does fit my 98 deville exactly but i'm hearing that if you put that radio/c.d. player in that you may have to have the dealership redo or activate the antitheft code......does anyone know anything about changing radios out as far as the security codes?????

·
Registered
97 Deville Concours and 2000 STS both with NP studs
110 Posts
You have to go to the dealership to reactivate the Radio. The Devills radio reacts with the computer in the car. Each radio has a vin# burned into its Data Base. If vin#s dont match up from car and radio it will not work. The dealership can erase and put in the correct vin matchup in order to make the radio compatible. It helps to have the Vin# that came with the radio.

And NO the (2 & 3) or (1 & 4) do not work for the radios that are put in some of the cadillacs, such as Devilles.

·
Registered
1990 Sedan Deville 44,000 original miles
44 Posts
IS this the same with my 1990 Deville? The clock is not working on mine and I just bought another 1990 Deville Radio (AM FM Cassette - Non-Bose) on Ebay. It hasn't come in yet, but was gonna have a local shop swap out the radios so that my clock will work. Are you saying I have to involve a dealership?

Bill

·
Registered
97 Deville Concours and 2000 STS both with NP studs
110 Posts
You should have no problem when putting in that same year. I believe back in 98 is when the theftlock appeared in Deville radios. With your 1990 there shouldnt be any problem at all. It does not have a theftlock built in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts