Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Devil, 93 Deville, 84 Cuttylac built 350 olds, Arctic Cat
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know there is a ton of literature around but I have been sifting through it and have not found a straight forward answer to my question.

The rear end of the car wasn't absorbing bumps like it should, It does now but, still leaks air and sometimes gives me a rough ride. I recently bought two arnott shocks and upon installing the shocks and pulling hte air line they released air.

Now the problem is though, I have a really slow leak, Most of the time That I park the Car after a couple of hours the air ride system will release the built up pressure and the air pump works almost everytime I go to start the car in the morning. I know this could be the lines, i think I've read about the air dryer and something else but I would feel a lot more comforitable if you guys could help me out on my situation specifically, If I have to pull the air pump so be it I have 4 6-Ton Jack Stands and a 4x4 block of wood.

Where Should I start and What should I Do? Also My pump has probably been running 85% more than the average persons pump for about a year so is there anything I should do to maybe rebuilt, lube, change oil or anything to freshen it up. Ive read something about getting a new air dryer.

Thanks much,
Brian

·
Registered
No more Cadillacs
680 Posts
The air ride is something I really haven't had to work on (yet) on my 98 Deville, but I do know that my compresser kicks on every time the car is started, I thought I read where that is normal.[/I]

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,093 Posts
Try posting your problem in a forum other than for Northstar Engines. Level ride is on the other end of the car.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,038 Posts
:yeah:

You need to either have a Moderator move this to Cadillac Technical Discussion, Suspension, or hazard the possibility of posting a new thread down there. The level ride compressor sequencing is discussed at great length there.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,551 Posts
Get the back end up on ramps. Get the compressor to run and then spray all the fittings with soapy water. The leak point will start to foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts