Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Last night some numbskull crashed into my parked Caddy and destroyed the grille (he or she scrammed without leaving a note...ofcourse)

My car is a Tan color 98 Deville, with chrome grille.

Anyone have one for sale?

I saw a Deville Concourse grill for the same year, used part. It has the emblem built into it.....the question I had was, does this Councourse grill fit right onto a regular Deville? It looks like there are small body-colored trim pieces on the left and right side of the grille......its black on the used Concourse grille. I think mine is Tan like the car.... Can I swap these body colored trim pieces on the grill before installing it on my car or do I have to use the black colored trim that is on the Councours grille now? (if so how does it look? also I am unsure how it would look wiith the hood ornament and the grille ornament...maybe its too much??)

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
149 Posts
powerglide said:
Hello all,

Last night some numbskull crashed into my parked Caddy and destroyed the grille (he or she scrammed without leaving a note...ofcourse)

My car is a Tan color 98 Deville, with chrome grille.

Anyone have one for sale?

I saw a Deville Concourse grill for the same year, used part. It has the emblem built into it.....the question I had was, does this Councourse grill fit right onto a regular Deville? It looks like there are small body-colored trim pieces on the left and right side of the grille......its black on the used Concourse grille. I think mine is Tan like the car.... Can I swap these body colored trim pieces on the grill before installing it on my car or do I have to use the black colored trim that is on the Councours grille now? (if so how does it look? also I am unsure how it would look wiith the hood ornament and the grille ornament...maybe its too much??)

Thank you very much.

The grilles from the deville and concours are the same. Just one is black with an emblem in the middle and one is all chrome. Here is a site where you can buy a concours deville grille for under $30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2445691938

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cadillac6 said:
The grilles from the deville and concours are the same. Just one is black with an emblem in the middle and one is all chrome. Here is a site where you can buy a concours deville grille for under $30

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2445691938
You read my mind....thats the one on Ebay I was eyeing. You see the black plastic trim on the right and left side of the concourse grille? Do I leave them as is when installingon my Tan colored car or do I need to find two plastic trim pieces that are Tan first? Thanks

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
From the pic, they look like part of the mounting assembly. How is your old one attached?

Cool! 200 posts!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaveSmed said:
From the pic, they look like part of the mounting assembly. How is your old one attached?
Looks like they call that the grill frame....mines the original one that came with the car (not sure if thats what you meant?) so its a 98. Mine has the Tan grille frame but looks like it got screwed up during the collision too, maybe still good? (I havent checked it out closely yet)
From the service manuals it looks like the grille comes off the grille frame.....so I may also need a tan grille frame. (anyone...anyone??)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Look At My 1998 With A Concours Grille,painted Black,crest Removed.look At My Pics At Deville Gallery.too Big To Attach

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
156MPH said:
Look At My 1998 With A Concours Grille,painted Black,crest Removed.look At My Pics At Deville Gallery.too Big To Attach
btw, how are those xenon blue lights vs OEM?
Do you have those PIAA XENON-HID-like bulbs? (are they brighter and worth buying compared to stock?)

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
I got the HID-hyper blue.....whatever lights

$30 total, that is low AND high beams AND shipping....

I love them soo much... far better at night, look better to oncoming traffic, and since the bulb is blue, they have anice blue reflection within the headlights durring the day.

my car (all the DeVilles actually) use the 9005/9006 bulbs.....most GM cars use them, so I tell all my friend sand people I know to go to customcaddy.com...great deal, adn I am giving them their bussiness.... if you have a newer DeVille for an extra $5 you can get the fog lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Night Wolf