Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 Deville Concours has about 60K miles on it, and I have noticed that when I am in slow "parking lot" situations where the front wheels must be turned left or right nearly all the way to lock, that there is a shudder in the steering system I can feel thru the steering wheel and I can hear a muted "graunch" noise accompanying the steering wheel shudder. It seems a little worse when turned to the right than when turned left, but it will do it either way. The car drives and steers perfectly in all other situations. This is a VIN code "9" car with the road sensing suspension and the "Magnasteer III" speed sensitive power rack and pinion. Are these noises and shuddering fairly normal with this steering system and number of miles? If not, is there any likelihood I can do great damage by continuing to drive it? Is there anything to do to fix it? I tried to price a Magnasteer III rack and pinion assembly at Carquest and it looked pretty expensive. What do you all recommend? Dave

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the same problem, especially turning hard, driving slow, on bumpy surface. It feels like the rack and pinion gear are not in full contact or something.....been going on for a long time and I haven't done anything about it.

***I shall check the fluid level manana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
powerglide