Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Cadillac Concours
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've lost the interior lights and cig lighter. I found a bad connection at the Inadvertant Power Relay and fixed that. No joy yet.

I have current on the red lead of the Indavertant Power Realy, so I have current to distribute power once the relay in enegrized. The diagram in the fsm says that the PZM gives a ground to the Inadvertant Power Relay to allow the relay to be energized.

I haven't found out yet what tells the PZM to provide the ground to the Inadvertant Power Relay. It would seem that it would be anytime that the car has a battery connected to it since the Interior Map Lights should be able to be illuminated anytime.

Anyone know this for sure?

Also, does anyone know what the orange and purple lead to the Inadvertant Power Relay do?

·
Registered
'98 Cadillac Concours
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so the brown wire is switched to ground by the PZM.

The orange wire is hot all of the time (it runs to ground through the brown wire once the PZM closes that conection).

I studied the fsm some more and decided to jump the red (hot all of the time) and purple (feeds the cig lighter and interior light fuses) wires, because that is what the relay does. The lights and cig lighter began to work.

I got another Inadvertant Power Relay ($50+-) and I'm up and running again.

·
Registered
'98 Cadillac Concours
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too. I wanted to take that back seat out like I wanted another hole in my head. I do need to find another housing for the wire leads because things are a bit corroded in there.
There is something that looks like it might be it on Rockauto but I have to call them to find out for sure. I'll report back is it is the right thing because others have asked where to tget them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts