Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'98 Catera
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 98 Catera needs a vent valve (part number 90541907) to pass the emissions test. I have called part stores, dealerships, official GM parts distributors and no one can find one. Is anyone parting out a Catera or know of a salvage yard that would likely have one? I'm open to just about any solution.

·
Registered
1999 Catera Sport
677 Posts
Try car-parts.com. Do a search for something generic like a hood, fender, etc, to find a local yard that at least has a catera, then call them and see if you can work something out. :cool:

·
Registered
Catera
17 Posts
There is a yard near me that just got a Catera in on Friday, so I am going to go check it out tomorrow. I'm not too sure what part you're talking about exactly, but if you could let me know I will grab it for you.

·
Registered
'98 Catera
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't post links or pm right now because I'm a new member but if you go to

"gmpartsgiant[d]comcomponents1998-cadillac-catera~fuel-supply-fuel-lines-ov030020103-l81ml46vr69[d]html"
[d]= .
= /

Stupid spam blocker.

It's number 42 on the diagram. On the car, its located in the top left corner under the hood. It should be pretty easy to remove.

·
Registered
'98 Catera
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mechanic just called. He said it might just be a sensor. He's going to check it out. I might not need the part after all! Thanks for grabbing it though. I'll let you know if I need it or not!

L

·
0 Posts
please let me know what sensor he replaced im having that evap problem as well thanks.

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
429 Posts
please let me know what sensor he replaced im having that evap problem as well thanks.
If u have evap small leak code. There is return pipe goes in to gas tank from electronic vavle in the front of gas tank. That pipe was cracked, I have to take tank down to replace it.

·
Registered
2000 Catera Sport
429 Posts
If u have evap small leak code. There is return pipe goes in to gas tank from electronic vavle in the front of gas tank. That pipe was cracked, I have to take tank down to replace it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts