Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mode door actuator has failed, (part# 52474991). I've removed the assembly, but it appears that I need the new motor, cam, and bracket since I cant separate the motor from the rest The only available replacements on-line are motor only.
I'm afraid of breaking something since I don't know if they can be separated, and if so...where and how?
Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,183 Posts
Google "cadillac forums 1998 seville hvac mode door actuator" and see what turns up. Slight modificatins to the Google search will uncover even more discussions - of which there are hundreds in this site alone.

For instant gratification subscribe the car to the online GM/Cadillac service manuals at www.alldatadiy.com ,

·
Registered
1998 Seville SLS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google "cadillac forums 1998 seville hvac mode door actuator" and see what turns up. Slight modificatins to the Google search will uncover even more discussions - of which there are hundreds in this site alone.

For instant gratification subscribe the car to the online GM/Cadillac service manuals at www.alldatadiy.com ,
Thank you sir! I have spent so many hours on this. its embarrassing. However, I was using the part number for the motor which attaches to the assembly. The latter of which is required, and includes the motor, cam, and bracket as a single assembly. Part number AC Delco 15-72631. Hope that helps someone out there. Thanks for checking in!

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,909 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac SLS
35 Posts
Thank you sir! I have spent so many hours on this. its embarrassing. However, I was using the part number for the motor which attaches to the assembly. The latter of which is required, and includes the motor, cam, and bracket as a single assembly. Part number AC Delco 15-72631. Hope that helps someone out there. Thanks for checking in!
Good on you for repairing it yourself. I did this recently with my 1997 SLS, but because I have the mechanical skills of a fence post, I took mine to a mechanic.

Don't ask me how much it cost.... 😢 Expensive lesson.

Now I check here first, and the mechanic second.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,909 Posts
Good on you for repairing it yourself. I did this recently with my 1997 SLS, but because I have the mechanical skills of a fence post, I took mine to a mechanic.

Don't ask me how much it cost.... 😢 Expensive lesson.

Now I check here first, and the mechanic second.
=====================
your '97 SLS has a completely different - hybred - system -
vacuum motors control the MODE - electric actuators control the temp -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts