Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has come up before but the links in the older discussion no longer work. I Need to find a wood trim kit for an '02 STS with navigation; I've only found car id which doesn't have the kit for navi, and dash trim kit store that doesn't have the option either. Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Just google "cadillac seville woodtrim kits" and they will come up there's a few reputable woodtrim kits out there, your wood is zebrano wood just for a reference

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
B&I makes a kit for nav equipped models. I tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me. Google b&i or go to their website. Car id does have the b&i kit on their site with a pic, from what I can make out you can either have the wood only frame the nav unit, or cover all the way to the screen. Depending on how much of the kit you use. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
B&I makes a kit for nav equipped models. I tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me. Google b&i or go to their website. Car id does have the b&i kit on their site with a pic, from what I can make out you can either have the wood only frame the nav unit, or cover all the way to the screen. Depending on how much of the kit you use. Hope that helps.
are you talkking about this company ?

http://www.bitrim.com/

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,703 Posts
An old link to "wooddashexperts.com" is dead. Some other marketer comes up.

I got their kit 5 years back and it was/is a perfect, accurately cut 3D application. About $135 or so, with more woody things than you ever want to stick on - it's just too much if you do all of it. The STS already has a fair amount of Zebrano, so tripling the amount is overkill. I only used 6 or 8 of the 24 (?) pieces.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Pup, I opened that site and the pictures look the same as the older kit I got, but with only half the pieces. I wonder if B&I bought out the rights to WoodDashExperts ???
i was looking and it says there are 2 kits one witch is the larger kit for non wood optioned cars
witch i don't think they ever had

the other is a 18pc kit witch is for cars that had wood option

i was looking it also looks as if they don't have any difference between there kit for a 98-01 and the 02-04 wich only had a difference in the radios
for the nav unit

i requested a price quote cause they don't show there prices
so going to wait and see what they hit back with
also i noticed they do custom dipping so if you want to send in things like your already existing Shifter if its wood and your wood panels that are already wood you can have something custom made dipped for other then the standard wood

i wanted to see just for the heck of it what there price for dipping is if i send in my shifter and the already existing wood panels and my steering wheel to have them do them in a Platinum Fiber finish like the white pear platinum or something so waiting to hear back from them

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
well B-I is fast at responses

they said they have to check pricing on the other stuff but if i sent in my steering wheel and shift nobl to have the leather replaced and have a wood or fiber put on it and the shift nob dipped in the fiber like i wanted it would cost 211 dollars
wich i dont think is a bad price but not sure what yall think on that

they have to get back to me on the price for the other wood conponents if i wanted to have them done

if i just want the wood steering wheel custom made and rapped in new leather it would be 198 with my exsisting wheel if i sent it in

and the dash kit for the 18pc is 114.00 including shipping so thats not a bad price

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
An old link to "wooddashexperts.com" is dead. Some other marketer comes up.

I got their kit 5 years back and it was/is a perfect, accurately cut 3D application. About $135 or so, with more woody things than you ever want to stick on - it's just too much if you do all of it. The STS already has a fair amount of Zebrano, so tripling the amount is overkill. I only used 6 or 8 of the 30 (?) pieces.
hey sub got any pictures of the inside iwht the dash kit you put on
i know there are pictures on there website of what interior and all
but you know they also brush evyerhign up to make sure it looks 100 percent perfect and sometimes things come out looking difrant in person
so just wanted to see how it really looks
thanks

·
Administrator
72,703 Posts
Give me a day or so to get the car out in the sun - I'll shoot a couple of the dash and doors plus what's left.

EDIT at 5:40. Here you go. The pic of "what's left" gives an idea of the original kit of pieces - overkill, especially the head unit covers and the overhead console. I taped it all on and didn't like the effect, so only used some of the door and dash accent pieces - enough for my taste. Having grown up on Jaguar, Austin-Healey and MG, all having some beautiful woodwork, nowadays it's easy to make the inside of a car look like a high school wood shop. I hate what flash does to colors, but you get the idea. I'll say one thing: You clean the panels with alcohol and press that stuff on and it's there forever ! 3M adhesive is tenacious !!! Look real hard at the remaining pieces and you can see that they're about 1/8" thick - it's not just vinyl tape.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Yea they supply way too much wood for the car lol, I think I'm gonna buy one here soon since they work as good as they say, I'll probably do about the same as sub, too much just looks tacky

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
hey sub on the remaining peaces you have left the top one on the right hand side in pictures
is that for the nave radio ? or is that something ells it does not look familiarize but with the wide opening int he middle it looks like it could be for the navi unit

·
Administrator
72,703 Posts
The large opening piece on the upper right is the overhead (STS ??) console.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
ah ok i see it now its for an overhead with a sundroof
i can see the little openning is for the home link and the sun roof buttons on the other end can see that now

the one thing i dont like one they have for sale is the headlight switch button cover is for a sts with fog lamps and not for the sls without so it will have that opening
but guess i could always come up with something els to put in there at some time

·
Administrator
72,703 Posts
Don't know about the kit you're looking at, but if you look at the pic real hard you'll see that the headlamp trim cover has plugs to fill the unused button holes..........

·
Registered
Cadillac
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the help guys, the B&I kit is exactly what I was looking for; the 16 pc set as I already have factory wood.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
i was looking and it says there are 2 kits one witch is the larger kit for non wood optioned cars

Non wood optioned cars refers to the SLS. It didn't come with wood on the upper portion of the door panels like the STS did, (or wheel or shift knob for that matter). The larger kit also includes pieces to cover the plastic strip the SLS came with.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts

Non wood optioned cars refers to the SLS. It didn't come with wood on the upper portion of the door panels like the STS did, (or wheel or shift knob for that matter). The larger kit also includes pieces to cover the plastic strip the SLS came with.
was just looking on there website
i don't see anything about the uper portion of the door panels
the only things i see that are in the ones without factory would are the ones that have the shift counsole wood it also has a few other part so of wood

i dont see a picture or diagram of a part for the uper trim on the door

1 - 20 of 27 Posts