Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Seville sts
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me wire it up to the factory harness. I'm not worried about chimes I just want to hook it up to factory amps...

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
The original HU is part of the anti theft system and serial data bus. You NEED an integration module. Metra and PAC Audio make them.

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Seville sts
2 Posts
What if I want to bypass pass it?

I want to run the audio straight to the "rim" I need to know what wires to splice into.

I also need a wire guide for the factory harness...some of the wires got pulled out and I need to put them back.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Perhaps you misunderstood MC... Not gonna happen without the integration module... Doubt you can integrate a non bose HU into a BOSE system anyways

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,503 Posts
Wiring diagrams for the several different sound systems would be in a subscription for that car to www.alldatadiy.com. The sound system type can be found by deciphering the codes on the RPO sticker under the spare tire cover.

Do the work correctly or you're certain to wind up with a car that will not even start - much less retain the wheel and dash control functions.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,660 Posts
Don't forget the impedance matching for the Bose speakers if you wish to retain them.

CCC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts